Jenny Richter was happy to be working for an American flagship and top store, Macy’s. She actually rose to the post of a Regional Director in almost 20 years that she was employed.
However early this year, Jenny was made redundant along with other 10,000 employees, as Macy’s struggled with the shift in people procurement style, preferring to buy more online than in the stores.
The Next Step
Jenny decided to use her experience to launch her own online retail store, and the rest is history.
What are you doing?
This happened to Jenny, and it could happen to you. If you lose your job today, do you have a plan B? Over and over again, I have mentioned it in this website that there’s tremendous shift in how people now buy online, more and more are being done online than , ever before, and it is only wise for you to tap into this tremendous opportunity before it is too late.
Amazon does over £4b annual sales online globally, and even then, this is just less than 15% of all online sales.
What does this mean for you?
It means you can take the necessary steps to learn the digital trade and its many benefits, which include among others:
- Professional Bloggers – either via content writing or video (V-logger).
- Affiliate Marketer – where you can promote other people’s products, and earn commission on sales.
- Write an e-book, and publish it in Kindle. This is a lucrative, and untap area with many possibilities.
- Become a website designer – design and manager third party websites.
- Launch an eCommerce like Jenny, brand your products to sell online. This makes you unique.
- Do you have a skill – and can teach others? then set up an online tutorial, you will be surprised how easily this will sell.
Indeed the list of your possibilities is endless, but you need appropriate platform to learn about online business success. That is the reason I recommend the best online education platform. Register here.